As trends continue to move toward mindfulness and relaxation, building a corner of your home just for you is not only at the forefront of design, but an essential step toward a more balanced life.
Creating a designated area for a workstation, meditation spot, or coffee corner will help you escape the fast life to spend some time on you. Whether you want to fix up a small nook, or you have a spare room begging for a remodel, you can create the ideal retreat by following these simple steps:
- Clear the room of clutter to keep the space simple and allow your mind to focus.
- Define your space to better establish your zone by adding a small rug or setting up a room divider.
- Grab the necessities that will complete your space, such as an end table for books or tea, or shelving for organized storage.
- Establish comfort so you can dedicate the time you need by adding pillows, cushions, or a throw for cooler nights.
- Utilize appropriate lighting, from soft candles, to desk or table lamps, to radiant natural light.
- Enhance with inspirational pieces, such as collectible artwork with natural elements, to invoke a relaxing, creative atmosphere.